CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera I_vote_lcapUSB no longer reading phone as drive/camera I_voting_barUSB no longer reading phone as drive/camera I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera I_vote_lcapUSB no longer reading phone as drive/camera I_voting_barUSB no longer reading phone as drive/camera I_vote_rcap 
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera Empty
PostSubject: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Dang... it had been working perfectly before, but just yesterday when I connected the phone to the USB, it asked to install a driver for the MTK chip, and now my computer doesn't find the SD card... Also, the phone just says USB connected and doesn't give me the option for drive or camera like it used to...
I've reset my computer, took the battery out of the phone. Still no change...
Any fix ideas???
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 11:01 pm

When you plug in the USB to your PC is your phone turned off?

make sure the phone is off before plugging in the USB. there seems to be a driver issue regarding the MTK chips.

oh by the way, are you using XP or Vista? its will help in solving your problem.

study
Back to top Go down
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 am

XP...

I've done both, plug in when it's on and off.

Before, when it was on, I'd get a menu to select memory card, webcam or COM port.
So yeah, just yesterday instead of doing that, my computers (both my desktop and laptop) popped up a new USB bubble saying that the MT**** was detected and that it needed to install drivers for it. I let it do so, and now whenever I plug the phone in either on or off, it no longer recognizes it as a drive...
It worked and now it has stopped working. It has to be something with the phone cuz it's doing the same thing on both my desktop (where it was working before) and my laptop.
Sad
SUX, cuz now I have to remove the microSD, put it in the adapter, transfer files and then replace it back in the phone (or use the laptop's bluetooth)...
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:35 am

have you tried using the "add hardware" option in the control panel in XP.

before plugging in your phone. use that option a follow the add hardware wizard and then plug in the phone to the USB port.

see if that works,,,,, its worth a try... Wink
Back to top Go down
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:01 am

no dice Sad

it installed the MT6227 as a COM port, but the phone itself no longer comes up with the screen that allows me to chose "mass storage", "webcam" or "com port" when I plug in the USB cable... What I can't get is that it used to, and all of a sudden it doesn't.
I formatted the SD card, reset to factory settings and no change... PITA that I can't move files back and forth now...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:04 am

mtlphone wrote:
Dang... it had been working perfectly before, but just yesterday when I connected the phone to the USB, it asked to install a driver for the MTK chip, and now my computer doesn't find the SD card... Also, the phone just says USB connected and doesn't give me the option for drive or camera like it used to...
I've reset my computer, took the battery out of the phone. Still no change...
Any fix ideas???

Also try backing up all your files on the card then formatting it, you can do that either via the computer (if it recognises it but doesnt read it) or you can do it on the phone aswell via the file manager function.
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:24 am

Managed to find the answer off the Squidmaster forum:

> lost my USB recognition after having it for sometime now.

> I was not having it recognized as camera or mass storage anymore.

> I went into my *#3646633# UART SETTING and then disabled them,
> restarted phone reinabled then did same in device setting for UART1
> and 2.

> It then resolved the error with the USB recognition.

> Just posting this in case anyone else has this issue.

So yeah, went into engineering, found the UART stuff, went through it, it automatically did a shutdown, actually turned on (so I didn't brick it) and the next time I plugged it in, it worked!!!
YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:57 pm

glad to hear you got it fixed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Thanks... I'm glad it's working again too. I was reading up on UART stuff and it all has to do with serial transfers, so the guy who figured it out must have known something about it and saw it in the engineering mode.

So chalk that down to 1 thing in engineering mode that doesn't brick your phone.

While trying to find solutions, I also ended up downloaded the PC sync manager thing which is awesome once I got the COM functionality back in the phone. Phonebook is now backed up on the PC...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera   USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera Empty

Back to top Go down

USB no longer reading phone as drive/camera
Page 1 of 1