CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
User Concern EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
User Concern EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
User Concern EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
User Concern I_vote_lcapUser Concern I_voting_barUser Concern I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

User Concern

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
klsmurf
Novice
Novice
klsmurf

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: User Concern   User Concern EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 4:09 pm

First, I thank you again for starting this forum, but I have a concern. I am a frequent user of it and http://p168forum.com/ In fact, I was your first redgistered user and the fellow who brought to your attention the possibility of using "spiderman" for altering firmware. The multiple posting on the other site is uncalled for. A single post, every now and then, to remind folks of another site would be adequate. The multiple postings are annoying and from what I gather keep more users away than attract. We are all trying to acomplish the same thing. Spreading knowledge about this wonderful phone and helping each other in its operation. Thank you Kevin
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Concern   User Concern EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 10:22 pm

I believe it is also frustrating. but what I dont understand is that you are saying that some members from this forum are posting in the other one the same? Question

The only reason I can think of is that other forums I have come across is that the information is very old and or the forum is a ghost town.

This form has a very solid base and members who are passionate.

although.... there are beginning to be a bunch of redundant questions. where new members should look over the forum before posting.

I am sure Admin will take that to note Very Happy
Back to top Go down
klsmurf
Novice
Novice
klsmurf

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Concern   User Concern EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:03 am

No, I'm saying someone who has access to this forum is posting a .gif of the forum and a note saying to come visit here on every single topic available over there. It's nothing but spamming. The user name is p168.forumotion.com and they redgistered from australlia. I was a member there before this forum ever came into existance. There are other members here that I recognize from the other forum also. I thought the whole idea of a form is to bring usefull information to the members no matter the source, net, personal knowledge or another forum. The other forum is also a good sorce of info and they do have over 2000 members.
Back to top Go down
Twilight
New User
New User
Twilight

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Concern   User Concern EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 2:55 am

So us "newbees" are not supposto ask questions even if the info already provided doesn't anwser the question? Some of the anwsers provided are not necessarily a one size fits all. Maybe just saying check this link and if that doesn't anwser the question to futher state the problem would be a better response.

Ancient Chinese Proverb: No question is a stupid question if one knows not the anwser.

Maybe Admin will thake that to note. Wink
Back to top Go down
Judee,the cect168+ Killer
Active User
Active User
Judee,the cect168+ Killer

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Concern   User Concern EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:28 am

LOL Hey you are a pretty smart guy but pretty ugly too. Whew that picture gives me the willies... LOL

Just wanted too butt in here a minute and hope you don't mind. The guys/gals really get a lot of the same questions asked each day. Before most read anything on the forum they are so excited about finding help they ask their question first. Before they check to see if there is an answer already. I understand both sides. No one meant for you not to ask questions. That is how we are all learning. By each others questions and answers. You are right also because one answer doesn't always fit for everyone.

I hope you can see their side also. They took for granted you hadn't read anything like so many do. You were the exception and I am sorry for the confusion. I, myself, hope you keep asking questions and get answers. If you have any answers for us, please share. We all do welcome you, even though you are ugly and give me the creeps! lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Concern   User Concern EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:50 pm

klsmurf wrote:
First, I thank you again for starting this forum, but I have a concern. I am a frequent user of it and http://p168forum.com/ In fact, I was your first redgistered user and the fellow who brought to your attention the possibility of using "spiderman" for altering firmware. The multiple posting on the other site is uncalled for. A single post, every now and then, to remind folks of another site would be adequate. The multiple postings are annoying and from what I gather keep more users away than attract. We are all trying to acomplish the same thing. Spreading knowledge about this wonderful phone and helping each other in its operation. Thank you Kevin

Hey, we had a friend who was also an admin on here. We told him to share the word of our forum, obviously he took it too far. He was the one sending all the spam, and he is no longer moderating this forum. You will now only see a banner or ad for this forum here and there. We have no beef with squidmasters forum, it was some of the inspiration behind this forum, we just want to share as much knowledge as possible about this phone, as what is currently known isnt too much. If you dont mind letting the forums members of p168forum.com know that what happened wasnt our intention, and we appologise for what happened, that would be greatly appreciated.

In regards to people asking questions that have already been asked, we dont mind anwering questions, obviously, as that's what we're here for, but just to eliminate duplicate topics at least do a quick search with keywords to do with your question. Just click search at the top of the page or use the search widget in the left column before you post Smile

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
Twilight
New User
New User
Twilight

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Concern   User Concern EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Ouch those flames are hot!

I am ugly. So it fits. I see I should have made my question more specific.

Guess I was trying to keep the question simple. wwit

I do understand the redundant questions, but I believe they can be addressed in a more polite and helpful way. Seems a lot of time is spent telling the "newbees" to not post redundant questions instead of just linking to the prior post and encouraging to re-post if it does not answer the question. I did not consider myself a Newbee just a member who needed some help. I've been on the board for a while.

Just to clarify my questions.....

The tutorial on the connection to TMobile Did Not Work on My P168C!!! Tried it Loooong before I posted. Maybe it works for other locations, not here in AZ. I have one that does work but I can't get any graphics, nor can I download ringtones or wallpaper from the TZone site.

Is there different models of the P168C, yes I saw the difference between the models but mine doesn't seem to always have the same setup as the ones discussed. So yes I was wondering if there is different ones, maybe with different firmware, don't know that is why I was asking.

I didn't realize I needed to post that I had checked around this site and several others before I posted my questions.

I'll be sure to do that if I post again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

User Concern Empty
PostSubject: Re: User Concern   User Concern Empty

Back to top Go down

User Concern
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CECT P168  :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: