CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
Prospective buyer EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
Prospective buyer EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
Prospective buyer EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
Prospective buyer I_vote_lcapProspective buyer I_voting_barProspective buyer I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
Prospective buyer I_vote_lcapProspective buyer I_voting_barProspective buyer I_vote_rcap 
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

Prospective buyer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cityratt
New User
New User

Prospective buyer Empty
PostSubject: Prospective buyer   Prospective buyer EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Hello! My name is James and I'm from the NY/NJ area.

I'm currently in the market for one of these phones and am in the research stage of the purchase. I came across a link for this site posted in the comments section of a Youtube review video. I have a few preliminary questions that I'm hoping can be answered here.

1. I've noticed a few different versions of the same phone with identical designations (P168+). How can I tell that I'm getting the very latest model. (What should I ask a seller to assure it's not an older version?)

2. In pictures I've seen of the same phone, the "slide to unlock" bar looks different (different color/size.) Is this bar customizable or am I looking at different versions?

3. Is the date/time display and layout customizable? Sometimes I see it on the top, other times in the middle with a wacky european layout.

4. Is the numeric keypad display customizable? Sometimes It's shown as sleek black, other times a chrome[ish] color.

Again, I'm just wondering if the pictures I've been looking at are different versions of the phone, or simply have different settings active.

Thanks for any help.

J
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Prospective buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospective buyer   Prospective buyer EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:35 pm

cityratt wrote:
Hello! My name is James and I'm from the NY/NJ area.

I'm currently in the market for one of these phones and am in the research stage of the purchase. I came across a link for this site posted in the comments section of a Youtube review video. I have a few preliminary questions that I'm hoping can be answered here.

1. I've noticed a few different versions of the same phone with identical designations (P168+). How can I tell that I'm getting the very latest model. (What should I ask a seller to assure it's not an older version?)

2. In pictures I've seen of the same phone, the "slide to unlock" bar looks different (different color/size.) Is this bar customizable or am I looking at different versions?

3. Is the date/time display and layout customizable? Sometimes I see it on the top, other times in the middle with a wacky european layout.

4. Is the numeric keypad display customizable? Sometimes It's shown as sleek black, other times a chrome[ish] color.

Again, I'm just wondering if the pictures I've been looking at are different versions of the phone, or simply have different settings active.

Thanks for any help.

J

Hey james Smile
welcome to the forums.
The p168 models are the p168, p168+, p168c
Both Bryce and myself (Mick) are the moderators here and we have different versions of the phone.
Bryce has the P168+ with the older categorised and scrolling menu pictured here: Prospective buyer 2293417143_e3811c7ca3
whilst I have the newest p168C with the menu pictured here:
Prospective buyer 5017935_s
i know its not easy to see but the p168C resembles the iphone layout much better.

another option is the CECT hiPhone which again resembles the iphone much better than the p168c as it has only the single button down the bottom like the iphone. The only downfall is it is usually priced about $60 above the price of the p168.

The slide to unlock is the same as on the iphone on the models p168+ and above although the p168c has the flow touch feature which allows much easier and smoother use of the touch screen.

the date/time colours are only customisable only with the changing of themes, which only changes colour. When locked the time is displayed up the top and when unlocked it is displayed in the centre of the screen.

the numeric keyboard whilst dialing a number on the p168+ and p168C is a sleek black colour with an orangy yellow background where the typed numbers are displayed.

Hope this answers your questions, if not feel free to ask anything unanswered. Dont forget there are people working on unlocking all the features of this phone which should come with the development of custom firmware Smile keep checking back here for its release.

Thanks! from the p168 forum team
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
cityratt
New User
New User

Prospective buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospective buyer   Prospective buyer EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Thanks Mick for your time in responding that was very helpful. I think so far I'm slightly more interested in the P168+. Is the difference in flow touch much better on the "C" version, or is the difference negligible? What other differences (if any) should I consider before deciding?

Thanks for answering my n00b questions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Prospective buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospective buyer   Prospective buyer EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 4:12 am

cityratt wrote:
Thanks Mick for your time in responding that was very helpful. I think so far I'm slightly more interested in the P168+. Is the difference in flow touch much better on the "C" version, or is the difference negligible? What other differences (if any) should I consider before deciding?

Thanks for answering my n00b questions. Smile

well, personally, i think the flow touch screen is better, so i think the P168C has all the little things that the P168+ is missing, its just an easier phone to use, like a more accurate screen, a bigger messaging keyboard, etc.

the menu system is also easier and pretty cool Smile

anyways i have the P168+ myself, and its still a fantastic phone.

so its up to you, personally i like the P168C because i message alot.

hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Prospective buyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospective buyer   Prospective buyer Empty

Back to top Go down

Prospective buyer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CECT P168  :: General :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: