CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
Make your own headphone adapter! EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
Make your own headphone adapter! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
Make your own headphone adapter! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
Make your own headphone adapter! I_vote_lcapMake your own headphone adapter! I_voting_barMake your own headphone adapter! I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
Make your own headphone adapter! I_vote_lcapMake your own headphone adapter! I_voting_barMake your own headphone adapter! I_vote_rcap 
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

Make your own headphone adapter!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Make your own headphone adapter! Empty
PostSubject: Make your own headphone adapter!   Make your own headphone adapter! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 6:35 am

Requirements;

A 3.5mm Jack from local electronic store (~$2)
A soldering iron and basic skills
Fine wire strippers
A set of helping hands
Patience

The first step is to decide where you want the adapter to be. You can either have it after the volume control/mic which allows you to retain that functionality but results in a lot of cable, or you can place it a lot closer to the Micro-USB plug which gives you a more compact adapter (but is harder to solder).

Attaching the jack after the volume control is the simplest option. Snip off the ear buds and trim the black rubber (a scalpel works best) to expose 1cm of the inner wires. Each cable should have one gold wire (-ve) and one colored wire (+ve). Unscrew the 3.5mm Jack (remembering to thread the cable through the casing!) and solder one colored wires to each of the inner posts. Then solder both of the gold wires to the outer band. Tightly screw the Jack back together and you should be good to go.

Attaching the Jack before the volume control is a little more tricky. Snip the cable somewhere below the volume control (I left about 2″ from the USB plug) and carefully trim the rubber casing on the outer wire to expose the inner micro-wires. This time one outer wire will have four micro-wires and one will have three.

The way I figured this out was to crack open the volume control and examine the inner wiring, but if your headphones are the same as mine then;

The collection of four micro-wires are the ones we are interested in and are;

Red - Right Audio (+ve)
Red/Gold - Left Audio (+ve)
Gold - Audio (-ve)
Red/Green - Audio (-ve)
The collection of three should be trimmed and sealed, but they are

Green - Data
White - Mic(+ve)
Gold - Mic(-ve)
Soldering the four micro wires is quite tricky and you will need a good set of helping hands to hold the parts in place.

The Red and Red/Gold wires must be attached to the two inner posts and I found it easiest to do these first. The best way to solder this type of wire is by “tinning” it - E.g. first applying a small amount of solder to the end of the wire, then soldering the wire to the surface.

After you have soldered the inner wires you must solder the Gold & Red/Green wires to the outer band. Again, first tinning the wires is the best approach here.

Make your own headphone adapter! 8234531

The outer band is at the top After soldering all four wires plug in a set of headphones and test the sound quality. It should be clear and crisp. If there is any crackling or drop out (particularly when you gently shake the jack) then there’s a bad solder contact that must be redone.

Make your own headphone adapter! 9279464

And hey! You have your very own mini-headphone adapter for p168

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Pictures)
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
eatmyshit

Make your own headphone adapter! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make your own headphone adapter!   Make your own headphone adapter! EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 pm

i tryed this but i did it totally wrong if i connect all the wires my phone doesn't say headset plugged in so now i even dont have my normal headset

sorry for my shitty english
Back to top Go down

Make your own headphone adapter!
Page 1 of 1