CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
Hi from Canberra EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
Hi from Canberra EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
Hi from Canberra EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
Hi from Canberra I_vote_lcapHi from Canberra I_voting_barHi from Canberra I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
Hi from Canberra I_vote_lcapHi from Canberra I_voting_barHi from Canberra I_vote_rcap 
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

Hi from Canberra

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
monarov2

Hi from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Canberra   Hi from Canberra EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 pm

Hello, I've had my P168+ for about 4 weeks now and I'm really happy with it. I bought it off ebay and only took about 4 days to come from Taiwan, where it was made. The only down side is the false specs all the sellers advertise. The camera is not 2 megapixel, but I can live with that. I think it is 1.3 by the look of the resolution. It also does not have the To Do list, but a simple Tasks list tied to the Calender, and also the hand writing input does not work.
Other than that a great phone for the price.
Had the chance to 'play' with the new 3G iPhone tonight..........not bad at all but it too misses out on a few basic feature- no MMS, no stylus, so no hand writing recognition, and not video recording. Also the bluetooth would not bond or find the P168, but the P168 had no problem finding the iPhone. The operating system is a lot smoother and the internet browser is miles ahead of the P168, but then again 3 or 4 time the price too. Im going to stick with the P168 and wait for their update model next year, its only got to get better.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hi from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra   Hi from Canberra EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:45 pm

monarov2 wrote:
Hello, I've had my P168+ for about 4 weeks now and I'm really happy with it. I bought it off ebay and only took about 4 days to come from Taiwan, where it was made. The only down side is the false specs all the sellers advertise. The camera is not 2 megapixel, but I can live with that. I think it is 1.3 by the look of the resolution. It also does not have the To Do list, but a simple Tasks list tied to the Calender, and also the hand writing input does not work.
Had the chance to 'play' with the new 3G iPhone tonight..........not bad at all but it too misses out on a few basic feature- no MMS, no stylus, so no hand writing recognition, and not video recording. Also the bluetooth would not bond or find the P168, but the P168 had no problem finding the iPhone. The operating system is a lot smoother and the internet browser is miles ahead of the P168, but then again 3 or 4 time the price too. Im going to stick with the P168 and wait for their update model next year, its only got to get better.

welcome to the forums Smile
i agree some features are better and others worse than the iphone
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
monarov2

Hi from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra   Hi from Canberra EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi again,
Decided to update, so purchased a CECT i9 from ebay. This phone is much closer in operation to the iPhone but still runs basically the same interface as the P168C. Codes for Factory and Engineering modes are still the same, and be aware- that High Speed sim setting is still there! I'm much happier with this phone- the user interface seems easier to navigate around. The camera is only 1.3 megapixel, not 2 megapixel as they all advertise, but the resolution is much better than the P168C that I have. Also video recording is a lot smoother- not as jerky when moving.
The only real downside is the Qwerty keyboard used for messaging etc,- its much smaller and now does not highlight the letter when you press on it. Much easier to make mistakes, but I'm getting the hang of it. Hand writing recognition isn't to bad, a little slow though.
Interestingly enough it still runs the MT6225 chip, the same as the P168C.
The email option is gone. Probably replaced by the Java option. It even works, I have downloaded a couple of Java programs and installed then. they work ok. Tried a different browser called Mini, alot better than the factory installed browser. Also the java games work well too.
In the documentation that comes with the phone, they advise you to check out the SciPhone web site for any support or Java downloads. There is even a small note in Ebook reader on the phone stating this.
This is the phone the P168 should have been. Another good thing is that this forum is still relevant because the i9 uses the same operating system.

Max
Back to top Go down
joeEarl
New User
New User
joeEarl

Hi from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra   Hi from Canberra EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:47 pm

monarov2 wrote:

Another Aussie, welcome mate.

An iPhone it aint' but no one ever said it was. It's a great little phone for what it is.
Back to top Go down
joeEarl
New User
New User
joeEarl

Hi from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra   Hi from Canberra EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm

monarov2 wrote:
Hi again,
Decided to update, so purchased a CECT i9 from ebay. This phone is much closer in operation to the iPhone but still runs basically the same interface as the P168C. Codes for Factory and Engineering modes are still the same, and be aware- that High Speed sim setting is still there! I'm much happier with this phone- the user interface seems easier to navigate around. The camera is only 1.3 megapixel, not 2 megapixel as they all advertise, but the resolution is much better than the P168C that I have. Also video recording is a lot smoother- not as jerky when moving.
The only real downside is the Qwerty keyboard used for messaging etc,- its much smaller and now does not highlight the letter when you press on it. Much easier to make mistakes, but I'm getting the hang of it. Hand writing recognition isn't to bad, a little slow though.
Interestingly enough it still runs the MT6225 chip, the same as the P168C.
The email option is gone. Probably replaced by the Java option. It even works, I have downloaded a couple of Java programs and installed then. they work ok. Tried a different browser called Mini, alot better than the factory installed browser. Also the java games work well too.
In the documentation that comes with the phone, they advise you to check out the SciPhone web site for any support or Java downloads. There is even a small note in Ebook reader on the phone stating this.
This is the phone the P168 should have been. Another good thing is that this forum is still relevant because the i9 uses the same operating system.

Max

Yeah, thinking about he i9 too, sounds very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Judee,the cect168+ Killer
Active User
Active User
Judee,the cect168+ Killer

Hi from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra   Hi from Canberra EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you and all your wonderful information. You keep buying all the phones and checking them out for us. We will know which one is the one to buy from your great descriptions. I will never touch anything in engineering mode again! That is a promise. LOL Thanks and WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra   Hi from Canberra Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Canberra
Page 1 of 1