CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
I have a problem. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
I have a problem. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
I have a problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
I have a problem. I_vote_lcapI have a problem. I_voting_barI have a problem. I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
I have a problem. I_vote_lcapI have a problem. I_voting_barI have a problem. I_vote_rcap 
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

I have a problem.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mysta316

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: I have a problem.   I have a problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:57 am

I got a p168+ from ebay.

The phone does not power on. I got a USB cable and new battery for it and it still does not turn on. Will it charge from the USB cable? Because when i plug it into my computer, the computer detects that the phone was plugged in but does not know what it is. Does anyone have any tricks i could try?, before I A:sell it off for parts or B: put it in my trash can.

thanks,
Chris
Back to top Go down
Spiderball81
Novice
Novice

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:00 am

Yes a phone will charge from a USB cable
What events led up to the phone not powering on?
Does the seller have a return policy? How long did you have this phone?
When you plug the usb cable into the phone then into the computer does the phones screen light up indicating a charging condition?
Back to top Go down
Judee,the cect168+ Killer
Active User
Active User

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:10 am

Can you send it back? Has it ever come on? I hope you didn't do as I did and mess around in engineering code? If so, there is alot of help here for that problem. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Mysta316

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 5:50 am

no i got the phone for very cheap, it was sold 'as is' so i cant return it. Nothing happens when i plug the phone in but the computer seeing that a something usb was plugged in. Ive never had the phone on before. So its hard to say what the problem is. I have a windows mobile phone that I mess with all the time. So this is not my first time playing with a phone. So I was just wondering if anyone knew any secrets to get it turned on or had an idea of what could be wrong with it on the inside.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 6:02 am

Oh wow. You may have a bricked phone like mine was. If you will go to " Tutorial Requests" and look at my post "Big Bad Problem". Follow the instructions on the videos and see if they will help get your phone back on. I sure hope so. I got mine back on tonight! I am so happy! Good Luck! I bet something here will help you! bounce
Back to top Go down
Mysta316

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 7:25 am

man i should send you my phone and have you fix it for me!

So I have to get yet another cable.

Can you just please replay with the links to the programs that ended up working for you.

I really don't want to spend anymore money on this phone then I have to since I really don't know whats wrong with it in the first place.

I really appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
idbl_fanatic

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 5:29 am

Just a suggestion, have you tried the other battery? I know mine won't power on with one of the batteries. But the other works fine, hell it wont even charge the one battery
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Mysta316   I have a problem. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 6:17 am

Quote :
Can you just please replay with the links to the programs that ended up working for you.

I really don't want to spend anymore money on this phone then I have to since I really don't know whats wrong with it in the first place.

Hi and sorry I am getting back to you so slow. Had a lot of catch up to do yesterday and today and lost your post. Finally found it.

If you will go to the 1st. page of my thread "Big Bad Problem" under Request tutorials you will see a video on how to unbrick your phone. I used that video and used the working firmware of the 168c. My phone turned on and it reverted back to 168+ that I had. I don't know how that happened. But it is back on! That thrills me to pieces! Let us know if this works for you. You might also try "Spiderman" It has worked for several. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a problem.
Page 1 of 1