CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
Back Again With Another Problem. I_vote_lcapBack Again With Another Problem. I_voting_barBack Again With Another Problem. I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
Back Again With Another Problem. I_vote_lcapBack Again With Another Problem. I_voting_barBack Again With Another Problem. I_vote_rcap 
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

Back Again With Another Problem.

Go down 
+4
klsmurf
tdinc
joeEarl
Judee,the cect168+ Killer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Active User
Active User

Back Again With Another Problem. Empty
PostSubject: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 7:37 am

My phone turned off just fine and back on. I was so happy it did that after all the work we all went through.

Now my problem is this........After I put my sim card (AT&T) into it and the memory card it came on and all seemed to work ok EXCEPT I can't make a call. I have a full tower but it says "Emergency Only". LOL Well this is an emergency too me! Anyway. I thought I read on here somewhere that someone else had that problem but I haven't found it yet. Might have been somewhere else.

If anyone knows why it isn't picking up ATT please let me know. I am so happy I have gotten this far. Now just a little futher to go. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
joeEarl
New User
New User
joeEarl

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 am

Just guessing here, I'm sure someone else will come up with the answer. Have you got the right settings for North America?
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: joeEarl   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:46 am

Hello and Thank-you for your reply. I appreciate all the help I can get.

I have a working sim card. I just took it out of my Blackberry and inserted it into the 168+. I thought I had used it before but I think that was an older sim I had used before. This is sim is a 3g. I am wondering if my phone will only work with a 2g. I have one laying around here somewhere. When I find it I will try it and see if it connects with the 2g.

If you have anymore suggestions, I am all ears! Thanks so much! study
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Well look who's back.............Razz

1ST Use your old SIM CARD. and dont lose it. (unless you got rid of it.)

according to post from here

http://www.thebristows.com/blog/opinions/cect-p168-quad-band-iclone-review

Quote :
I just read that all the CECT phones that use GSM technology will not be compatible with AT&T’s 3G SIM cards. I’ve expericenced a problem myself and I’m just wondering if that’s the case. Has anyone heard anything? Apparently AT&T will be using 3G SIM cards only from now one.

now you have to remember that you have a "+" and that AT&T uses the 850 band. the "+" version you may have may not work. you should go to the network settings and switch to automatic an see if it works.

the P1689C is built for North america which is 850

read my post here
http://p168.forumotion.com/tutorials-f4/cect-p168-known-information-t56.htm

I still have my old Cingular SIM so I never had an issue.
take the sim out and re insert it back in making sure its snug.
turn your phone back on. and wait.

NOTE: believe it or not, you may have to go into engineering mode again to check you network settings. but dont we can walk through the steps.
Shocked

watch the first 2-3 minutes of this video to make sure you have the network set to auto. I know you dont want to go near the engineer mode again, but i believe you should, to eliminate guess work.

Last edited by tdinc on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added)
Back to top Go down
klsmurf
Novice
Novice
klsmurf

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 2:16 pm

Hey judeeg, glad to here you finally got your phone on. I think I remember reading somewhere that these phones aren't compatible w/ 3g.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:03 pm

wow, finally up and running Smile congrats

Yeah, they arent compatable with 3g
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: tdinc   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 5:50 pm

YEP, Just call me "I'm Baccccck" ha
I have been reading all these links you gave me. Seems like some have gotten the 3g sim card to work. I tried a tmobile sim a little while ago and could call out and recieve calls. It is a 2g sim.

I have my old 2g sim for ATT but it wont work. This is why. When I killed this 168+ I bought a Blackberry Curve. It came with the 3g sim. When ATT set it up for me, they cut off the old 2g sim. It doesn't work anymore. So I don't have a 2g sim for att only a pay as you go Tmobile and it worked. Gosh I am sounding like I am talking in circles. Hope you can understand what I have said. I have the network settings set to automatic..

Do you think I can get the 3g. sim to work? I will go back into to engineering mode if I have too but I DON'T WANT TOO!
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Stay with the 2G. Engineering mode will not make any difference.

until more information/new firmware comes out. for 3G to work for the P168 or even a new model.

I believe you are stuck using it with T-MOBILE. unless you drop the 3G AT&T and switch back to 2G. if that is possible

I hope that made sense.. alien

at least It WORKS.. right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: klsmurf   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 6:08 pm

YES! It is up and running for everything but making calls. lol

My tmobile sim card works in it but it is a pay as you go. Just a spare phone. My 3g hasn't worked. I have read where a few got the 3g to work. I would love to be one of the lucky ones. I don't have a 2g sim on my ATT phone plan. It is 3g.

Other than this minor detail of not being able to make calls, the phone works wonderful! Thanks for the help you gave me also. I really appreciated it.
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 6:30 pm

The Tmobile 2g is a spare phone and it is pay as you go minutes. I don't want to use that, It will cost too much. ha

My 2g (with ATT) won't work anymore and if I call ATT and ask them to switch my (Att) 3g.sim back to the 2g sim, some of the options on my Blackberry wont work. ha I like both phones and wanted to be able to switch back and forth with them. Different circumstances required a different phone. Isn't that silly? I travel quite a bit and the Blackberry has a GPS Navagator, which really comes in handy. Already set up for internet & a few other options the 168 wont do.....The 168+ has video/touch screen and I like watching movies on it..There are parts of each phone I want. I'm not hard to please. LOL

I guess if I can not find a way to get it to work with 3g. I am limited to using this great phone as an MP3 and movie/game/video recorder player. I know this is better than nothing. At least it works, thanks to you and all who helped me here. If you come across anyone who made it work with 3g. you know where I am. I will be here. If I find a way I will let everyone know..

Thank-you thank-you Thank-you once again!
Back to top Go down
eagleeye
eagleeye

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm

i have the p168+ and i have the 3g sim in it and works fine used the network settings off this site i am on the att network in las vegas
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: eagleeye   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Really? Did your phone find the 3g sim before you set it up or not? Mine wont find it right now.....You have given me some hope. I will look for the post to set up the network settings. There must be something I am missing. Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 8:26 pm

judeeg2003 wrote:
There are parts of each phone I want. I'm not hard to please. LOL
!

Sounds like you need the real iPhone Wink
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: mtlphone   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:51 pm

I thought about the Iphone but it doesn't have some things the 168+ has.
So there I would be again... I was happy with the 168+ till I killed it and had to buy another phone. Now I want both. Which, I bought them both so they both should work. LOL If I stay out of the places I am not supposed to be (engineering mode) I should be ok now. Just need to get the 3g to work somehow. You have a good day!
Back to top Go down
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 11:37 pm

judeeg2003 wrote:
I thought about the Iphone but it doesn't have some things the 168+ has.

Really?? I'm sure you can install everything you need on the iPhone e.g. voice recorder etc etc...

Anyways, that's off topic... I hope you get the 3G sim to work... remind us again- how did you kill the phone in the 1st place? Was it the high-speed sim thing? Since you know how to fix it now, maybe try high-speeding the 3G sim... just a thought...
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: mtlphone   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:00 am

No affraid That is a very scary thought! affraid No

I went into engineering mode and was pushing all the buttons to see what they were. I was going down the list of items to click on. I didn't think I clicked on speed up anything but from what others have said I guess I did. The phone shut off and never came back on till almost 2 months later. With all the help I got here, I got it back on. This is the best forum I have ever been too. Everyone, such as yourself, have been so helpful and really given me lots of support..

I am still reading around and trying to find something on how to make the 3g work. May take another 2 months but if there is a way I am sure it will be found. If not, then I am going to be happy anyway.

affraid pale "Engineering Mode" is a very bad word! affraid Shocked
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 4:18 am

Food for thought.............

There is no such thing as a high speed SIM all of our sim cards are either 32kb or 64kb.

DO NOT USE or even select the "MISC. option in ENgineering mode. or stay away from it if you donot know what it all means. period

The 3G could work another way.... with some research we can find out..

PS judee. you know better Laughing
Back to top Go down
mtlphone
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 4:48 am

judeeg2003 wrote:
I am still reading around and trying to find something on how to make the 3g work. May take another 2 months but if there is a way I am sure it will be found. If not, then I am going to be happy anyway.
affraid pale "Engineering Mode" is a very bad word! affraid Shocked

It was just a thought, since you know how to fix it now. I hope you figure out a solution, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: HUH? TDINK?   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 6:45 am

Quote :
PS judee. you know better

I am confused... Yes, I know that it doesn't take much! ha What did I know better about? You didn't see how much I ate last night of that gallon of ice cream.? Did You?? LOL
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: mtlphone   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 6:50 am

LOL I understand the thoughts. I am never thinking about that engineering mode again. I don't know what that is. lol

We will find a way to get the 3g to work. I have faith.

As far as knowing what to do now to get my phone back on. lol I am not sure what all I did. I did so many things and so many times. Have a good night!
Back to top Go down
tdinc
Active User
Active User
tdinc

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:33 pm

judeeg2003 wrote:
Quote :
PS judee. you know better

I am confused... Yes, I know that it doesn't take much! ha What did I know better about? You didn't see how much I ate last night of that gallon of ice cream.? Did You?? LOL

I was bringing some sarcasm into the mix.... clown

the joke flew right over your head... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Quote :
I was bringing some sarcasm into the mix....

the joke flew right over your head...

So you are saying I am blond? I have been accused of this before. I have you to know that the bottle says "natural honey brown".
AND you are right, it went right over my head. So you win on that one. Embarassed

Since you are the smart one here..we need to find a way to make 3g work? heeheee My phone is still working great, except for phone calls. lol ! Thanks again pal.
Back to top Go down
svrider1000
Novice
Novice
svrider1000

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:13 am

Judee2003,

are you using a P168+ with p168C Firmware and the phone will not see the 3G Sim? MY phone is P168+ with P168C Firmware. My ATT 3G sim does not work since I upgraded the firmware . I have ordered some Unlimited monthly Tmobile sims. Hopefully they will work. Arent you using Tmobile also for now?
Back to top Go down
Active User
Active User

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:47 am

Quote :
are you using a P168+ with p168C Firmware and the phone will not see the 3G Sim? MY phone is P168+ with P168C Firmware. My ATT 3G sim does not work since I upgraded the firmware . I have ordered some Unlimited monthly Tmobile sims. Hopefully they will work. Arent you using Tmobile also for now?

Yes I used the 168c to flash my phone back on but the strang thing is it went back to its orginal 168+. I haven't found any of the 168c on it anywhere. That was very strange. The T-Mobile sim I have is a 2g. It works. I can't get the 3g to work but if I had a 2g ATT I think it would work. I am trying to figure out how to make it work.

Is Tmobile sending you a 3g or 2g? Please keep us posted on how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back Again With Another Problem.   Back Again With Another Problem. Empty

Back to top Go down

Back Again With Another Problem.
Page 1 of 1