CECT P168
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CECT P168 - Everything you need to know about the p168. Latest updates of firmware developments, mods, wallpapers, bootscreens and tricks & tips.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Donate for a Domain!!
Please click below and Donate to p168.forumotion.com to get a new full domain!

NEW FORUM SECTION!!!
Need help using phone without headset EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm by Admin
We have added a section of the forum which will allow you to request any changes/add-ons to the forum, when we get a request, we will set up a vote to see if it should go ahead Smile

Comments: 0
NEW TUTORIAL UP!!
Need help using phone without headset EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am by Admin
A very good new tutorial is up Here., how to upgrade from P168+ to P168C!!

Also search 'p168 forum' on google and yahoo. You'll find us in fourth place
Very Happy

4th ON YAHOO! SEARCH
Need help using phone without headset EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 am by Admin
Search 'p168 forum' on yahoo, and you will find us in 4th position- above p168forum.com cheers

Latest topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (254)
Need help using phone without headset I_vote_lcapNeed help using phone without headset I_voting_barNeed help using phone without headset I_vote_rcap 
tdinc (146)
Need help using phone without headset I_vote_lcapNeed help using phone without headset I_voting_barNeed help using phone without headset I_vote_rcap 
Judee,the cect168+ Killer (98)
Spiderball81 (53)
klsmurf (50)
mtlphone (48)
svrider1000 (37)
vballrkc (21)
joeEarl (18)
chicago1 (17)
Keywords

Need help using phone without headset

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Need help using phone without headset Empty
PostSubject: Most likely found the solution!   Need help using phone without headset EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Hey penny, ive been looking around for awhile and i think ive found your solution Smile
it involves going into engineer mode so make sure you follow the instructions...

go into engineer mode by typing *#3646633# from the dialing feature.

go down to Audio(3)>Set Mode(1)>then select (normal mode) and press ok.

get out of engineer mode and try it out Smile

tell me whether or not this works Smile good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://p168.forumotion.com
edmann
edmann

PostSubject: Re: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 am

well this blows! i got my i9 in the mail and tried to charge and the charger wigged out
[charge on-charge off-charge on-charge off] so i plugged it in to my stereo and now i have no receiver{ear speaker} and after doing a factory restore it change my carrier and put my phone on roam. i went in to the settings changed it back to att and before i can make a call it switches back to cell one! am i retarted? help! Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.trickrolled.com
edmann
edmann

PostSubject: Re: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:11 pm

I too have had this problem w/my s.e.w810i. after changing cases i developed the same problem. no ear speaker! i used it on speaker phone for weeks before finding the same solution! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.trickrolled.com
cityratt
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Penny wrote:
I just bought a P168 and can only make and receive calls using the headset. I read the manual that came with the phone and it does not tell me how to set the phone to hand held. Can anyone help?

Ok this is probably a long shot, but I had the same issue with my Blackberry. For some reason when I unplugged a headset, the phone was unable to determine that the headset was unplugged, so it behaved as if it was still plugged in... even though it wasn't. The speakers were off and I could only use the headset to talk. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what was wrong until I accidentally stumbled on this solution. It sounds like your phone has similar symptoms so it might be worth a try before filing for an RMA.

The way I fixed it was to power off the thing, and remove the battery for abut 45 seconds - 1 minute, then replace battery and reset it. This happened more than once and this worked every time. Hopefully this works for you too.

Like I said it's a long shot but sometimes the simplest solutions are overlooked.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:13 am

Penny wrote:
Yeah, If I unplug the earphones, I cannot hear anything on the other end. I cannot hear the phone on the other end ring (when I am making a call) and I cannot hear the other person on the other end speak, but they can hear me. I have to either use the earphones, or wait until they pick up and talk through the speaker (like a walkie-talkie). I have even reset the factory settings and I get the same thing. Any suggestions?

id say its a fault, contact your seller with the problem and see if they can help you out.
Back to top Go down
Penny

PostSubject: Re: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Yeah, If I unplug the earphones, I cannot hear anything on the other end. I cannot hear the phone on the other end ring (when I am making a call) and I cannot hear the other person on the other end speak, but they can hear me. I have to either use the earphones, or wait until they pick up and talk through the speaker (like a walkie-talkie). I have even reset the factory settings and I get the same thing. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Penny wrote:
I just bought a P168 and can only make and receive calls using the headset. I read the manual that came with the phone and it does not tell me how to set the phone to hand held. Can anyone help?

hey it should be able to make a receive calls normally if you DONT have the headset plugged in, just like in most phones. If its plugged in the receiver will automatically be routed through it.

could you give me more information as to what you are doing and what your trying to do? Smile

thanks
Back to top Go down
Penny

PostSubject: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 6:56 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help using phone without headset   Need help using phone without headset Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help using phone without headset
Page 1 of 1